MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
What's new - March 2011 
Site Admin

Post What's new - March 2011
Well, more than half way through February and I already missed posting any new Valentine's Day stuff. So, let's take a look at what's new on MES for March 2011.

I'll be making some updates to the St. Patrick's Day page over the next week or so, but in general here's what you can find for St. Patrick's Day printables on MES sites:

MES-English.com - updates

There are some new FaceBook, Tweet and Share buttons all around the site. If you have an activity you like, game, project, particularly useful flashcards, or advice, please click on some of those buttons. It really helps the site out.

new flashcards:

5 senses flashcards - looks, feels, tastes, sounds and smells
2 sets of sign flashcards - prohibition signs and road signs

MES Speaking First Curriculum:

- units 13-16 have been added

This finishes phase 1 and my next step is to back and start explaining in more detail the thought behind phase 2 and 3.

MES Games and Activities:

6 new printable board game templates

These are 6 different board games you can use to teach any target language. The board squares are blank, and you can use them just like that. Or, there are matching question card templates. You can print up some question cards or grammar cards to match the games and your current lesson topic.

There are 3 styles that are more cute and 3 styles that are meant to be "cool". Hopefully, there's something there that your group will like.

ImageImageImage

Make a magazine activity:

- This is post I made up after I completed the magazine cover templates. Students can make a variety of different written work. This is a great activity for classes with mixed levels. Then students put it all together with a magazine cover using their picture or any picture they'd like:

Image Image

Tools for Educators.com - updates

new images added to the database: I added over 200 new images to worksheet makers. They fall under 6 new headings:
- bathroom objects
- buildings
- hair color and styles
- living room items
- plural nouns (regular and irregular)
- superhero abilities

Print With My Pic.com - updates

new cute certificate templates:

Image Image Image Image

You can upload a student's photo, class photo, teacher's photo, any photo, right to the certificate, edit all of the text and print. There are rectangle, oval and star photo frame templates. You're student's picture will go in the center in a frame of your choice.

new printable photo frames:

This is a new section of the site with printable photo frames. There are birthday templates, plain shape templates, magazine covers, and love theme photo frames. They're free to use and available online. Just upload a picture edit the text, change the layouts and then print your photo.

ImageImageImage

Looking through my notes, that seems to be about it. If you have any questions about all of that or find any problems such as broken links, etc. please let me know.

To get updates as I post stuff, join the MES FaceBook page. I post updates of anything new to the site. I post those as soon as the new materials are available. So, if you'd like a more regular update, please join.

I hope everyone has a fabulous March!

Happy teaching,
Mark

In case you missed it, here's the previous what's new on MES - Dec. 2010 post. And before that What's new on MES - Oct. 2010

Last edited by mesmark on Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:11 pm
Profile WWW
MES-Addict

Thanks for the senses flashcards and the Speaking First Curriculum. They are very helpful.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]