MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Oct. 2010 - What's new 
Site Admin

Post Oct. 2010 - What's new
OK, it's been a while since I wrote a "What's new" post around here, but since it seems people are back to full swing, I'll let you know quickly what's been added to MES in September.

MES-English.com

new flashcards:
- living room

new games:
- 3 Card Rummy: this is a printable card set that you can use to play a game similar to Rummy. There are colors and shapes you can use to attach any target language to for speaking practice. The cards also have an UNO type add-on you can download and use as well.

- Big Town: a new Spanish and French version were added to the site

new worksheets:
- a comic strip maker or dialog worksheets creator: You can make and print dialogs with characters, like a comic strip or just like you'd see in textbooks. There are a few character options and a 6 line exchange option for each.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ Image

new videos - MES-TV:
- I uploaded 3 new sets of videos to the English videos page: classroom, numbers and sports

- 4 new videos on the MES English YouTube channel as well.

other:
- the Speaking First Curriculum: I added 4 more units to the curriculum, units 9, 10, 11, 12 and updated some of the other units with better explanations and links.

- MES now has a FaceBook page! I have been posting in there what happens as it happens. If you'd like to know what gets done when it gets done, check it out. Feel free to post a hello, question, or talk about MES over there as well.

A new down-loadable workbook has been added to Fun Fonix. This is an alphabet starter workbook, designed for children who aren't really ready to write but could use an introduction to the alphabet and phonics: Fun Fonix ABC

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ Image
each page has a letter for students to trace, a vocabulary association section, coloring, phonemic awareness icon, a letter recognition activity and a writing skills builder exercise.

- new colors listening activities: there are worksheets and downloadable audio files. You can use what's there or make your own listening scripts and/or listening tests as well.

Print With My Pic

There are a load of new things on this site but the site itself is rather new, so maybe just check it out and see what's there. However, I did make quite a few new things for Halloween and I made a Halloween printables guide so you can see what all is available

There have been a few other things added here and there as well as small updates to various pages on MES-English and other MES sites. I hope you find some of that useful and helpful in the new school year.

More to come!

Happy teaching,
Mark

Last edited by mesmark on Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:16 am
Profile WWW
MES-Zealot!

You've been putting a lot of good stuff up lately. Good job. Makes me consider re-opening my English school. I never opened up again after going deaf. My hearing is stable and strong enough to do it again, but we're thinking of moving to the US for a while.

I'm just doing one-on-one tutoring right now and still use my MES English print outs.

Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:43 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Thanks! I've recently had a bit more time. I lost a little bit of work with the recession. A company I taught at once a week closed their offices here. I also finished a Masters course I've been slowly chipping away at for 4 years. So, combined I probably have an extra 15 or so hours a week.

It's been nice to have the time to work on some projects I've been thinking about and also to finish up some other loose ends here and there.

This winter I'm really hoping to churn some good stuff out. We'll see...

Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:54 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]