MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
comparisons: need for descriptive words as people identifyer 
MES-Member

Post comparisons: need for descriptive words as people identifyer
Dear Mark, One of the minor skills our people need is to describe another person either in the work site, or in usual conversation. The adjective sets help a little, but flashcards covering hair color (blond, brunette. aubun etc), body build, (very skinny, heavy, tall, short,) , formal dress, casual dress, and so forth. Flashcards would be very helpful. I used miniature dolls to have each lady (most my students are ladies), describe their doll.
I just attended the Georgia Baptist State Conference on language ministries. I shared with many of the attendees information about your site. They were as delighted about it as I have been. thank you so much for your hard work and willingness to share.

Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:07 am
Site Admin

I uploaded a set of flashcards on hair and physical descriptions.

There are more adjectives for physical descriptions in the adjectives flashcard sets. Hopefully, what's there will give you a good introduction and it will be easy to add more words using gestures and the board.

Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:25 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]