MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
February 2010 - What's new! 
Site Admin

Post February 2010 - What's new!
I hope everyone is having a great February and that you're not snowed in. I'm in Nagano, Japan and after a rather mild beginning to winter, I found myself outside with a shovel almost every morning this week. But, the kids love it and it's really beautiful.

I've added a few things to MES-English that might be useful. I have expanded the MES curriculum to unit 8. I'm planning on working on that more during February and hopefully, I'll be able to build it up so that it makes more sense and then maybe we can discuss it. ?

_ _ _ _ _ _ Image

I add the clothing listening tests and audio to 123 Listening.com. It has basic vocabulary audio but also some more advanced tracks with future, past and a track for "the man in the red jacket" target language.

If you haven't visited 123 Listening.com, please check it out. It has ready to print listening tests in 7 varieties, 4-5 different audio tracks for each vocabulary unit, and listening worksheet makers that allow you to make your own custom listening worksheets.

All new from MES:

_ _ _ _ _ _ Image

I've been working on more advanced makers and got pretty excited about this one. At Print With My Pic.com, you can add your own photo or image to certificate templates, calendar templates or greeting cards to print. You can upload a picture online right from your computer! You don't need an online photo account. You don't need to register or anything like that. And, it's free!

Certificate templates: add a student's photo, team picture, teacher or staff photo, school mascot photo, city logo, anything!

Image Image Image Image more

Change all of the text to personalize you certificates and toggle through over 20 fonts to choose the look that best suits your award and recipient. There are three options right now for the center photo frame. You can choose from a rectangle frame, star frame or oval frame for the picture.

Current themes: (but more to come)

Calendar templates: make calendars with student's' photos, class photos, pictures of character the students like, student's artwork photos, any picture will work.

The calendar maker not only allows you to upload your own image but also allows you to change the calendar from Sunday start to Monday start. You can change the grid lines, move your picture around in the program, enter text for events or holidays and more options to come.

Current calendar themes:

Image Image Image more

Add you own photo to greeting cards: This is actually where it all began. I wanted to make a card maker where people could add their own photo and it got out of hand :D

Image Image Image Image more

You can edit all of the text inside the cards to personalize the card. There are several font options to choose from and some of the cards have cover text that is also editable. All on a single page interface that lets you see the card as you are customizing it.

current card themes:

That's what I've been working on over the past 4 weeks and now that it's at a running stage, I'm going to focus more on MES-English. MES-English is coming up on its 5th anniversary at the end of March. I'm pretty sure I won't be able to astound you with a awesome 5th anniversary update, but MES-E being my baby of sorts, I do want to do my best for its birthday :)

I hope some of that will be helpful to you and I'm always listening to your suggestions (even if I don't always respond.) Also, if you have any problems with the site or materials, please let me know.

Happy teaching,
Mark

Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:56 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]