MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Animal - Fish 
MES-Addict

Post Animal - Fish
久しぶり

I've haven't posted for quite a while, as I've been teaching at a junior high and have used your material a bit less than before (and also already printed out the majority of the set I reguarlly use.

Of course, I'm always grateful to Mark for allowing us to use his incredible resources.

I have had one question that I wanted to ask for quite a while. In the first set of animal cards, the fish is a bit of a different style from the other animals. When you created your wonderful fourth animal set, you included a fish that, in my opinonin, is funnier than the one in the original animal set.

I was wondering if you either intergrate that fish into the original animal set or create small cards of that fish using the red backing of the original animal set?

In any case, thanks for all your hard work.

Zanshin

Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:10 am
Site Admin

ah! the fish... No one seems to be please with the fish ...

I like it because it sparks discussion, but maybe it's time to let it go. I'll try to get a new fish worked into the show. I'll let you know when it's done (maybe a couple weeks from now.)

Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:02 pm
Profile WWW
MES-Addict

Actually, I don't think you need to make a new fish, as you have made a great fish for the extra set for the fourth set of animal cards, which have a blue backing and the title "Under the Sea".

I was merely suggesting you replace the current fish in the first set with the one from the fourth set. Mostly what I was hoping for was to get the fish from the fourth set with a red border (as the other cards in the first set have) and to get some small cards with the red backing (again, as the first set has).

The fish in the first set looks like it may have been a hold over from a previous incarnation of the animal cards, as it kind of has a look that doesn't really match the style of the rest of the cards in the set.

In any case, thanks again for your time and all your hard work.

Zanshin

Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:51 pm
Site Admin

I have changed the animals set 1 and the plural flashcards to the new fish. Also all of the instances of the fish at www.toolsforeducators.com are of the new fish.

I'll try to get to changing the worksheets and multi-lingual handouts some time in the future. For now i'm sure there are plenty of people using the old fish and so they might want the matching worksheets. Also, anyone looking for worksheets with the new fish can get those from www.toolsforeducators.com

I hope that helps and causes less problems in class - a dolphin! a whale! a fish? really? :D

Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:01 pm
Profile WWW
MES-Addict

Thanks so much for doing that. Hope I didn't put you through too much trouble.

School's starting tomorrow, so I will be printing out these cards pretty soon.

Only one other thing that I was wondering, is if you you make a page of small cards that only have the fish on them, as that is the only card I have to make (I have to make ten of them, one for each set) and I don't want to print out the other three cards that are surrounding the fish, as I am still planning on getting some more use out of the cards I already made when I originally printed out the set.

If that is too much trouble, then don't bother with it. You've already done so much for me and everyone else who visits this site. I cannot thank you enough for all your hard work.

Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:32 pm
Site Admin

Only one other thing that I was wondering, is if you you make a page of small cards that only have the fish on them, as that is the only card I have to make

No problem. here you go.

Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:37 pm
Profile WWW
MES-Addict

I cannot thank you enough for this, and everything else you have done on this site.

I don't what's more amazing, the quality of the materials, the speed in which you respond to requests or the sheer amount of materials you have produced, covering everything that I have been able to imagine.

I am further indebted to you. Thanks once again.

Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]