MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Mazes with 6, 9, or 12 content squares! 
Site Admin

Post Mazes with 6, 9, or 12 content squares!
I've added a maze maker to Tools for Educators.com! While there are plenty of maze makers out there on the Net, I don't think there is anything like this.

The maze will travel through 6, 9, or 12 content squares. You can add images to the content quares or type in text. As the students do the maze they'll perform some language task associated with the content in the content squares!

That's not all. With the 6 or 9 content squares version, you can add questions about the content for students to answer. You can just leave a space for them to write the word. You can write a lists of words and students have to circle the word that corollates with the order of the maze. And many other possibilities. The best part is they won't know what to answer/do until they actually do the maze.

You can choose the maze size as well. So you can create easier mazes for younger students and more difficult mazes for older students.

The maze maker will generate a different maze each time and not only that, but it will also change paths through the content squares.

Let me know what you think and let me know if you have any problems or questions.

Happy teaching,
Mark

Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:51 pm
Profile WWW
MES-Zealot!

Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:51 pm
MES-Zealot!

I'm was already going to make some out for Mondays classes, but I can't get them to print. They gave me a different printer and all the text
is in Korean. Sadly my Korean doesn't extend to the technical side.

I'll have to wait till my partner gets back from Canada.

No worries it gives me something to look forward too.

The new funphonics and verb tense materilas look good aswell, though I haven't really had a chance to check them out yet.

Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:17 pm
Site Admin

these are cool, many thanks

I'm glad you like them. I'm really excited about these, maybe more so than the word search and crossword makers. These are pretty unique and i'm actually excited to start using them insteda of testing them

enjoyinglifeinseoul wrote:
Yeah boy! Those look awesome.

I'm was already going to make some out for Mondays classes, but I can't get them to print. They gave me a different printer and all the text
is in Korean. Sadly my Korean doesn't extend to the technical side.

Thanks! Let me know how they go over with the students.

When I first read that you couldn't print them you freaked me out just a bit. A little voice inside me screamed :shock:

I'm glad to hear that it's just a printer set up problem. :D

Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:55 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

I'm sure you can figure it out, but here are a few mazes I made up for my Saturday group that's working on the present continuous.

3 mazes with 9 content squares

That's an example of how you can use the questions in conjunction with the images in the content squares. They are the exact same content, but if you just hit refresh, the maze maker will shuffle things around and you can make several versions but the answers will all be the same.

Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:04 am
Profile WWW
MES-Member

Post Good example
The example makes it clear. At first I wasn't sure what to put in all those boxes! I think my students will enjoy this. I think I'll give it a try as a take-home, and see how they do.

Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:54 am
MES-Addict

Post Mazes
Hello,

I'm new. I teach english to 8 years old french students. Your mazes look awsome, but how can you print them?

Are there mazes with only images where you move saying "go to the crocodile on your left..."?
To win, pupils must find the same last animal as you...

Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:55 pm
Site Admin

To print the mazes you'll need to print them from your Internet browser.

Once the maze has been made, go into the 'file' menu and choose 'print' or 'print preview'. You should be able to print the page from there.

The maze snakes around in a set path. The other paths are blocked. However, you set the order when you select pictures or content. Picture 1 will be first. Picture 2 will be second and so on. If you keep track of the path order you could do the activity you spoke of. You could also white out some of the blocked areas and the photocopy the mazes. That would make it possible to move freely through any of the boxes.

I hope the students like the mazes!

Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:50 am
Profile WWW
MES-Addict

Thank you very much for your help. I'm sure they'll love the mazes.

Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]