MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Hi everyone! 
MES-Member

Post Hi everyone!
Hi, my name is Ashley and I am teaching ESL in Mexico.

This site is wonderful. I teach mostly college students and adults at a private ESL institute. So, most of the curriculum is conversation based. I use dialogue builders, role-plays, games, music, and videos in all my classes.

I randomly stumbled on this website and started checking out the games section. My reaction was ¨Yes! Thank you!¨ I am always looking for new and fun games that my students can use while practicing English and these are perfect.

Thank you so much!

Thu May 24, 2012 7:47 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Hi everyone!
I'm glad you found the site. :-D

Welcome to the forums :smt006

Do you have any particular games that you really like to use with your groups? Do you have large groups or smaller classes?

Thu May 24, 2012 9:48 pm
Profile WWW
MES-Member

Thank you, Mark. I do have some games/activities that I could post.

I have seen some of the games that I use here on the website, but there are some that I haven´t seen here yet. If I posted the explanations on how to play it might get kind of lengthy. Would it be better to send it by email or post it here in one of the forums?

Ashley

Tue May 29, 2012 3:06 pm
MES-Member

Also, I forgot to mention about my classes. Like I said, they are usually age 15 and older and at a little bit more advanced level. By the time I have them in my classes they have already had at least 3 months of English. The classes are English immersion style so the students are not supposed to speak their first language, Spanish, at all. My class sizes are anywhere betweek 10-20 students.

Tue May 29, 2012 3:10 pm
Site Admin

It seems like you have the hang of the forums, but yes, just post a new topic in the games section for any new game you'd like to share. It's always great to gets some fresh ideas. I tend to have kids for 3-6 years, so a break from bingo is always welcomed :)

Thu May 31, 2012 6:04 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]