MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Hello and Thank you. 
MES-Member

Post Hello and Thank you.
I am a newly registered member, but a long-term fan of the site. I use it to teach a heritage language to children in my immigrant community in the U.S. The best feature of your site for me is that I can type in Cyrillic alphabet and generate worksheets and other materials that way. For minor languages like ours, there really aren't any industry-produced materials, so we have to make do and invent our curricula as we go. Your site has been a life saver. Thank you!

Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:53 am
Site Admin

Post Re: Hello and Thank you.
Welcome to the forums! :smt006

It's great to hear that the site has been useful. One of the things I had hoped to achieve with Tools for Educators was to make the resources more widely available to teachers of other languages. It's wonderful to learn that it indeed is helpful for some.

Do you use any of the games on the site?

Which worksheet makers do you like to use?

Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:57 am
Profile WWW
MES-Member

Yes, I do use the games. The Bingo generator is wonderful. Also I print cards to play games like Go Fish. I've used the Domino generator a few times. And I have tried some of the board games, though I need to figure out how to make the boards bigger. It all works great!

Same with the worksheets. I've used just about all the versions: the image to word connectors, the crossword puzzle generator, etc.

I haven't tried Eigomon or Little Town (I don't seem to have access), but I'd be thrilled to give them a chance too. And, of course, the online video games won't work for us unless there is a way for me to record my voice over the pictures. I am not that techie, unfortunately :)

Our students range from 4 to 15 years of age, so lots of adaptation and variation is needed.

mesmark wrote:
Welcome to the forums! :smt006

It's great to hear that the site has been useful. One of the things I had hoped to achieve with Tools for Educators was to make the resources more widely available to teachers of other languages. It's wonderful to learn that it indeed is helpful for some.

Do you use any of the games on the site?

Which worksheet makers do you like to use?

Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:21 pm
MES-Member

I guess if I had a wish list, it would only be that we can copy and paste the images so that we can make our own custom story books, board games, worksheets, etc. I recognize, however, that there needs to be some fair use mechanism for that. I am not sure that I have a suggestion for you. I am just grateful I have access to all the other elements you have provided!

Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]