MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Bang bang 

Post Bang bang
This is a game I adapted from a game given to me by my sister (who is a "proper" :) teacher at a primary school, and it's great for going over vocabulary. I often use it as a way to finish off a class.

The class divides into two teams. They have to pretend to be cowboys (you can make things dramatic by making them take on cowboy stances, two fingers pointing down as if they were guns, etc.). The first child from each team faces each other. You then either take a flashcard, or say the word you want to practice in their mother tongue. The children have to give the word in English, and then say "bang bang", pretending to shoot the other.
For example; you hold up a flash card of an apple, or say "apple" in their mother tongue. Child number one says "apple, bang bang".
He/she has won that round and gets one point. The losing child sits down and the next in the team takes his/her place.
If one child manages to "shoot" 5 images in a row, they get an extra 5 points.

I hope I have explained myself clearly!

Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:04 am

Post Re: Bang bang
Interesting game! Here's another one which can be played during the last ten minutes of a lesson, just before wrapping up.

It is called 'Four Corners'. Number the corners of the classroom from 1 to 4. Select one student to be 'It'. That person closes his or her eyes while the rest of the students go to one of the four corners in the classroom. When all students are settled in a corner, 'It' calls out a number. All the kids who chose the corner with that number are out of the game and must sit down. 'It' closes his or her eyes again, calls out a number, and more students sit down. When the game gets down to four people or fewer, each must choose a different corner. If 'It' calls out a corner where nobody is standing, 'It' must choose again. The game continues until only one student is left. That student becomes 'It'.

Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:51 pm

Post Re: Bang bang
sounds like fun - I:m going to try this one tonight!

Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]