MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Little Town 
MES-Addict

Post Little Town
Hello,
My students love to use the cards of this game but now I want to introduce them to smaller children. Have you got a template to make the cards easier? My younger students see too many information and get lost. I need cards to start with just the name, the age, te course and nothing else. Then, I'll add things slowly.
Thanks for the idea, it is great.
Marta

Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:32 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Little Town
Marta - My suggestion would be to use the "he likes/she likes" cards at the bottom of the fruit flashcards page. Just write a name for each character and add an age. For example:

Brad, 23

The you'll have cards with a character, name, age and simple talking point.

Would something like that work?

Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:50 am
Profile WWW
MES-Addict

I think it is a good idea. This way I'll have easy cards done in an easy and fats way. Thanks a lot mesmark.

Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:32 pm
MES-Member

First of all thanks a lot Mark for putiing this website together. I can't imagine either how much time it took to do or how much benefit it has been to countless teachers.

I made a donation the other day and was wondering if it's still possible to download the Little Town cards.

I realise that a direct message would have been more appropriate to ask about this but for some reason the 'contact' link on the home page isn't working. Or at least it isn't on this computer.

Thanks again for all your work.

Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:50 am
Site Admin

Mike - Yes, the Little Town cards are still available. I sent out an email on Tues but it obviously didn't reach you. I just sent you a PM with the information. Sorry about the problems.

The contact link seems to be working but funny things are happening. It could be because I use a web-based email account and not OutLook or other mail application. It might be better to have a contact form.

I'll think that over, and see how I can incorporate something like that.

I hope the Little Town cards go over well.

Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:31 am
Profile WWW
MES-Member

No problems whatsoever.

Will print those off now.

Thanks heaps.

Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:04 am
MES-Member

It's a pity not to have these cards available for everyone. Nevertheless I understand the need of asking for something in return when you offer us lots of great material to use in our classes. I hope to have the necessary posts to get these cards as soon as possible.

Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:50 pm
Site Admin

ManuelCroft - Welcome to the forums! :smt006

There is a quick post about the Little Town Cards here and why they are not available as a simple download like the other materials.

I'm looking forward to hearing more about your situation there, any questions you might have, as well as ideas and advice for others.

Happy teaching,
Mark

Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:58 am
Profile WWW
MES-Member

Hi Mark,

First of all, thanks a bunch for all the resources you made available on your website! I cannot imagine my classes without them now.

Unfortunately, I have a similar issue as Mike. I made a donation in order to be able to download the Little Town flashcards, back in October, but I haven`t received any news yet. Again, same as Mike, I cannot send you a private message, which would be more appropriate and apparently the email I sent you didn`t reach you :)

I`d be very thankful and extremely happy to start the new semester with these flashcards!

Thank you :)

Olesea

Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:30 am
Site Admin

Olesea - I'm very sorry about the troubles. I resent the email and I PMed the same message to you. I hope one of those reaches you.

Please let me know if you get one of those and are able to access the cards.

On the PM front. I had so,e troubles a while back with people registering and then sending out PM messages to users. So, I changed the settings to require users to have at least 1 forum post before they can send any messages.

Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:40 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]