MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
where can I find some kids songs?Help! 
MES-Member

Post where can I find some kids songs?Help!
where can I find some kids songs?Help!
I need some kids songs .thank you

Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:22 pm
Site Admin

You can try Dream English or free traditional kids songs

Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:02 pm
Profile WWW
MES-Member

Post Re: where can I find some kids songs?Help!
I am going to add a post to this thread in case others come by later needing a tip. I know that I am always looking up older threads on topics that I am interested in or need help with.

I use a lot of singing and kids songs in my preschool classes. The very best source I have found for this so far is....youtube! Type in some common kids songs and you're on your way. Youtube always has suggestions and the good thing is that you can see how these songs are sung and used in various classrooms. There are often various versions of several songs to choose and learn from. A handy search is "(traditional kids song) esl".

For example I really wanted to sing "The 12 Days of Christmas" because here at MES there are such great cards for it but I worried it might be too ambitious for my preschoolers. But, surfing youtube I found a woman who performed it with very simple and appealing actions. So, armed with these actions and the MES flashcards I boldly sang The 12 Days of Christmas with all of my classes - from preschoolers to third graders and it went very well. I wouldn't have wanted to be without either the flashcards or the actions however.

I don't know if I'm allowed to mention one youtube performer I've found very useful, but I will risk it. His name is "Russ" and he's up in Canada and doesn't even get that many hits. His presentation and many of his songs are perfect or easily adaptable for use in EFL teaching of very young children (ages 1 - 5). His youtube channel is "RussTV". Check him out!

Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:02 am
MES-Zealot!

Genki English is good too, esp for the young ones and Simple Songs

http://genkienglish.net/index.htm

http://www.supersimplelearning.com/

Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:32 pm
MES-Member

I quite like this site www.kididdles.com
There is 2,000 Kid's Songs
And you can:
Listen to children's songs
Download the songs
Print the lyrics
Print the sheet music
Print the activity sheets

Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:40 am
MES-Member

amazing site lelask

Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:16 pm
MES-Member

I am glad you like it. If you register they will send you an email every week with a song. I like that they do. It is a good reminder to use new song. :wink:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:34 am
MES-Addict

I like that Kididdles website, but I prefer songs with singers included. I will be using some of the songs, however.

I have a large library of kids music which I use in my classes regularly. Anyone who needs some songs for your classes, reply to me, leaving an email address and I can send you songs.

Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:44 pm
Profile YIM
MES-Member

Try the british learning council`s site learnenglishkids - I find it really useful for all sorts of things

Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:04 pm
MES-Member

I am new to this forum. My very first post. I am also a new teacher looking for tools to use. I teach special needs students. I found this YouTube site to be helpful....SuperSimpleSongs. The kids love them.

Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:45 am
MES-Addict

I agree, Mrs, I have all three CDs of Super Simple songs, but with no video. As I mentioned before, I have a library of many kids songs some are videos, which I can send to anyone who wants them. Just send me a message asking for them.

Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:34 pm
Profile YIM
MES-Zealot!

Recently I have found that youtube is not only a great resource for videos but info on anything, how to do things, lots of hints, advice and ideas. And yes, there is tons of music there too, you might or might not be able to use videos in your lessons but its not hard to use the music thats there

Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:09 am
MES-Member

Genki English has good songs.

Super Simple Songs on You Tube is good.

There are many others on You Tube.

Thu May 02, 2013 5:07 pm
MES-Member

Search storybots on youtube and you'll find some truly amazing, funny, and catchy alphabet songs for learners. It uses lots of vocabulary that students would usually not learn.
If you don't mind paying money there's an ipad app called "Best Kids Songs" by Samsung Publishing Ltd. that also has alphabet phonics songs that are incredible for younger kids.

Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]