MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Little town access 
MES-Member

Post Little town access
Hello,

I'm new on this forum and I can't seem to be able to access some card games.

I was looking forward to using Little town with my pupils (English beginners) but it seems I can't until I have posted at least 25 posts on the forum or made a donation.

Am I right ? Did I understand properly or did I just missed the plot once more ?

Please help :?

Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:37 am
Site Admin

Yes, you are right. I started this website in 2005 and I got an email from a gentleman that wanted to donate to the site in 2006 or so. I thought that was really generous but didn't think others would donate. However, I added a donation button and before long, the site was pretty much supported via donations.

Out of gratitude, I wanted to offer something special to those that had donated (even though they were donating out of gratitude, I guess.) I had the Little Town cards and thought those would make a nice thank you gift. But, the cards are really useful and I didn't want to lock them up. I also realize some people don't have the means or would rather not donate. So, I display them on the website and also have them as a motivational tool to get people join in on the forums.

The forums are a great place for me to interact with site visitors, meet some of the people who visit, hear how they use MES resources, and learn from their ideas. Having the forums has really been good for me as I continue to work on the site.

Anyway, I hope to read more about what you are doing there and about any ideas or questions you may have.

Happy teaching,
Mark

MES English

Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:23 am
Profile WWW
MES-Member

How can we send some of the things we do in our own classes ?

I have some material which might be useful for other people and that I am willing to share.

Let me know if that's possible.

Thanks again.

Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:08 pm
MES-Addict

I think it's great that you let us all have access to these materials, and I fully intend to donate as soon as i can, but I need to make some money first.... :roll:

Thanks again Mark - from all who use your wonerful materials - really looking forward to Little Town..

Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:00 pm
MES-Addict

Post Re: Little town access
i was wondering about how to get little town and now i know i think it is great that markis willing to share his things with people for free as there are a lot of sites i have found that want to to pay 20 to 40 euros a year for access to there things and all mark is asking for acess to little town is 25 posts on the forum or a small donation thanks mark i think you are a really kind person and is is by far my favorite site for flashcards, woirksheets and games

Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]