MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
printing problems with MES-English.com resources 
Site Admin

Each browser handles the code a little differently. So for some of the worksheet makers at Tools for Educators I created 2 versions, an Internet Explorer version and all other browsers version.

I test everything in Firefox so you may have been using the Internet Explorer version (which will be off a bit in FireFox and visa versa).

Were you using the "All other browsers" version?

Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:22 pm
Profile WWW
MES-Member

Post Spelling and Reading Worksheet
Thank you Mark for your websites. Although I am a Spanish teacher to English-speaking children, this site is so adaptable to using Spanish, which is very helpful for the life of a busy teacher.

When I made a spelling and reading worksheet with body parts and clicked on "make it!", the screen with the worksheet shows the pictures, the word choices and the lines. However when I print or print preview it, the words are not there. I have looked through my printer's advanced option menus, but cannot find the phrase "Print as an image". It may be that my printer simply doesn't have that option and I'll just have to write in the words myself, but I thought it strange that the words would show up in the "make it!" screen and not the print preview or in actual printing. Did I miss a step?

Thanks!

Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:57 pm
Site Admin

Sue - Welcome to the forums! I think we've chatted before, right?

Sorry, you are having problems with the makers.

Here is the solution:
mesmark wrote:
It's probably that your top and bottom margins are too large. Basically, you printer thinks there's not enough room for text and kicks everything to a second page (which may or may not print.)

(that could have happened with a browser update that changed the defaults or adjusted your previous settings.)

Before hitting print, go into you page properties or print preview and try decreasing your margins. then you should get everything on one page, just as you see it on the screen.
from this post http://www.mes-english.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3626

Let me know if that doesn't do the trick.

Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:01 am
Profile WWW
MES-Member

Post Re: printing problems with MES-English.com resources
I really like the Big town cards, however, when I print them out, the last line of the schedule of the second person per page doesn't print. Am İ doing something wrong?
:(

Sat May 18, 2013 2:47 am
Site Admin

I've never heard of this problem before. Can you tell me what paper size you re using?

Do you have the option of a print preview? or maybe a zoom feature?

Sat May 18, 2013 10:11 pm
Profile WWW
MES-Member

It's just A4 and on the print preview everything appears to be ok. It's wierd because I'm not doing anything unusual to them!

Sun May 19, 2013 10:56 pm
Site Admin

Is the bottom of the backing also getting cut off?

- You could try printing them at a slightly reduced size.
- You could also try updating your PDF reader if it's an older version. I'm not sure that will make any difference but it's worth a shot. www.adobe.com

Mon May 20, 2013 7:44 am
Profile WWW
MES-Member

Hi Mark,
Thanks so much for your great website. I've been using it for two years now. For the first time, I can't print out a worksheet. I've created a crossword puzzle on Tools for Educators and see no way to print it. I saw that you told someone else to go to her toolbar but there is no toolbar displayed when I am on the site. When I right click, the way I usually find a print command, nothing shows up. I also don't see a print command on the page itself. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Debbie in Israel

Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:32 am
Site Admin

Debbie - Sorry for the troubles. The way I have the makers coded, it wasn't possible to include a print command button.

You'll need to find the tools menu on your browser. It may be three horizontal bars at the top right (Chrome Browser,) the FireFox button at the top left (FireFox Browser,) or a cog wheel at the top right (Internet Explorer.) Once you can find that menu, you can use the browser to print the page.

In FireFox, you can right click on the top of the browser to get the menu bar. The menu bar has the tools menu under 'file'

If that doesn't help, please let me know what web browser you are using.

Welcome to the forums by the way :smt006

Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:26 am
Profile WWW
MES-Member

Hi Mark. I made a donation to your page but in your e.mail you hasn't added an ID and a Password to download your resources. Could you send them please?
Thanks

Marta

Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2