MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Plural suggestion 
MES-Addict

Post Plural suggestion
I am teaching my students the indefinite article, and I used the Tools for educators Word bank worksheet creator, to make just picture template, and the students should write what there is on the picture. And I wanted to make one for plural nouns, so they could see and write the difference between “This is” and “these are” or “they are”.

There are a few nouns which are in plural, bananas, carrots, onions… but if there were more nouns in plural, together with the irregular plural, a lot more templates and games could be created. So the question is could plural nouns be added to the list?

Thanks!

Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:53 am
Site Admin

I have a few other misc. groupings I'm going to add as well, maybe in October but definitely by November.

Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:53 am
Profile WWW
MES-Member

Post Plural Animals in Worksheets
Would it also be possible to list the plural animals in the worksheet creator lists (eg. vocab handout)? As mentioned by Snowflake, it is sometimes hard to find plural nouns to print out for the comparison of is/are, and printing the pre-prepared sheet found in flashcards for each student gets very expensive. It would be great to have the option of choosing singular or plural in the custom worksheets eg. bear/bears

Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:49 pm
Site Admin

I added a plural nouns option not too long ago. It has all of the plural animals plus a few more options for plural nouns. There are singular nouns listed as well if you wanted to make a mixed worksheet

When you visit a section of Tools for Educators, look for a heading labeled "plural nouns".

Let me know if you have any problems with that.

Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:58 pm
Profile WWW
MES-Addict

I only had a few moments to look through, it looks fantastic! Thank you very much!

Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:03 pm
Site Admin

There are 50 or so pairings. I tried to add as many irregular and irregular spelling words as I could.
strawberry --> strawberries
watch -- watches
foot --> feet

there are also a couple words in the list that are always plural:
jeans, pants, shorts, glasses, sunglasses

Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:32 pm
Profile WWW
MES-Member

Post Plural nouns
Hi Mark,
Unfortunately 'plural nouns' doesn't seem to appear under the vocabulary handout section, which is why I missed it (I use this type of handout the most for my students). Would it be possible to add it there?

Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:22 am
MES-Member

Post Plural Nouns
Sorry Mark...to be clear I mean under the section 'Custom Worksheets' and then 'Vocabulary Handouts'. I just had another look and realised it could be confused with 'Vocabulary Handouts' which also appear as a main heading under 'Worksheets'. Oops!

Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:36 am
Site Admin

I see. I didn't make the images for the handout maker, here: www.toolsforeducators.com/handouts/

Those are slightly different than the images for the rest of the makers. I have some time tomorrow. So, I'll try to get those done and on the site.

If you need something right away, you can make a different version of vocabulary handout using the picture dictionary maker.

Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:24 pm
Profile WWW
MES-Member

Post Plural Nouns
Thank you so much Mark. If you have time, that'd be fantastic. In the meantime I'll definitely use your idea of creating a picture dictionary handout instead. Thanks again. P.S I just wanted to say a huge thank you to you for your site. It's a fantastic source of resources for kids' classes (and adult beginners too!) - in my opinion, the best on the Internet. :P

Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]