MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Little Town templates 
MES-Member

Post Little Town templates
Hi Mark

I am just now preparing my lessons. I want to use the little town cards and I really think using the templates for the kids to put in their own info would be great. In keeping with the no writing in class, is it possible to make general lists of musical instruments,food ect print them on sticker A4 paper and have the students look at the pages, choose cut out and stick on their cards. We could then laminate their cards, I could keep one for my records and they could keep one and we could use it in games.
I could put their photos on the cards better still ,I just had a pop up asking me if I would like to subscribe to a website that morphs your photo into a cartoon. That would look great.
My computer skills aren't flash but have improved since using your site.

I have just made my pizza lesson plan, I had a very good B/W template but the cat peed on the last copy. So I had to make my own This is half of it. The other half has pictures of the toppings and ingredients which I can't send only put together on my computer and print out.

How to Make a Pizza

1. Mix ½ a teaspoon of yeast_____ ¼ teaspoon of salt , ¼ of sugar and 1/3 of a cup warm water in a small bowl. Cover with plastic and leave in a warm place for 10 minutes.
2. Put 1 cup of flour in a large bowl add yeast mixture. Mix well.
3. Knead______ dough ______ for 5 minutes.
4. Roll out dough in a circle.
5. Spread pizza sauce on top.
6. Add toppings of your choice
7. Bake ___ in hot oven. 210 C

Pizza Sauce
1. Fry ____ one chopped onion in a little oil on low heat for 5 minutes.
2. Add chopped garlic and fry for I minute.
3. Stir in 6 chopped tomatoes, herbs_____ , I teaspoon of sugar and cook for 20 minutes
Until sauce is thick.

(sigh) Looks different to my copy.

I will use a lot of TPR with the verbs. Prior to baking we will go through the ingredients and method
Each child has his/her own cooking utensils.
From then on I just direct using my voice and physical actions.

Kids clean up while the pizzas cook. If they have some leftover dough they can make calzones or I keep the dough and use the dough with my one hour classes. We spend 15 minutes making the pizzas and have them as a snack more a fun activity.
This is my favourite lesson and the kids love it.

Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:19 pm
MES-Member

It is cute to teach a pizza lesson. My colleague and I once taught the students to make a BLT. I don't think they learn all the cooking words, but it was fun. Maybe they just learn one word: BLT. haha

Thu May 19, 2011 6:21 pm
MES-Member

I haven't posted for ages. Good reason to get back on the forum. I bet years down the track when some of your students go to a western restaurant and see BLT, they will remember.

cheers

Fri May 20, 2011 8:56 am
Site Admin

Fri May 20, 2011 9:00 am
Profile WWW
MES-Member

I had a 3 month holiday and I feel so much more energized for teaching. Holidays are so important. I was only meant to go home for one month but it turned into 3 months. I thought I would lose a lot of my private classes, both parents and students are a loyal lot and I didn't lose one.

After my holiday I really appreciate now, what I have and feel very lucky. I do have lovely students and supportive parents.

I also attended a workshop that made me realize how important our job is. The impact and influence we have on our student"s attitude to learning and that their experience should be a loving, nuturing and positive one.

I hope to share more often, now that Iam back.
Warmest regards
Rabble

Fri May 20, 2011 9:36 am
MES-Member

Oh,nice idea. reminds me when we made fruit salad in class, it was a great activity that we worked on for 4 days. I started with cooking verbs flashcards then had some work done on them : matching, writing sentences,...etc. On the last day we made it and it was a delicious experience!!!! ;-)

Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:33 pm
MES-Addict

Post Re: Little Town templates
Sounds like some really great ideas.....

Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:12 pm
MES-Addict

Where can I get the little town templates?

Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:47 pm
MES-Addict

RABBLE wrote:
Hi Mark

I am just now preparing my lessons. I want to use the little town cards and I really think using the templates for the kids to put in their own info would be great. In keeping with the no writing in class, is it possible to make general lists of musical instruments,food ect print them on sticker A4 paper and have the students look at the pages, choose cut out and stick on their cards. We could then laminate their cards, I could keep one for my records and they could keep one and we could use it in games.
I could put their photos on the cards better still ,I just had a pop up asking me if I would like to subscribe to a website that morphs your photo into a cartoon. That would look great.

Can you please tell me the name of the website the you can have photos transfered in to cartoons as i had the same idea as you and allow the children to make there own little town cards

Thu May 03, 2012 10:30 pm
MES-Member

I really like your pizza idea and love the idea of converting photos to cartoons. We have made quite a few foody things in my lessons - clown cheesecake is a favourite where you make a simple lemon cheesecake and decorate with a clown or other face made out of fruit.

Tue May 20, 2014 7:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]