MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
2 or 4 worksheets on 1 paper 
MES-Addict

Post 2 or 4 worksheets on 1 paper
I was wondering if I could print 4 spelling -for example- worksheets on the same A4 paper...

Sun May 10, 2009 9:51 pm
Site Admin

I don't think you'd be able to see the images or the text, but ...

Since the maker is formatted to make just one page at a time, you wouldn't be able to do it all at once. WHat you could do is 'zoom' print and change the 'zoom' to 25%. Then the page would print 1/4 the size.

You can find that 'zoom' feature in your print properties from the browser 'File' menu.

That's not much different than doing it on a photocopier but it saves you a step and you might get a slightly clearer print this way.

Last edited by mesmark on Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun May 10, 2009 10:38 pm
Profile WWW
MES-Addict

I set my printer so I can print two worksheets on a page. Then I fold the sheets in half and make a little book. On the printer settings there is a box that says "fit to size" in that pull down menu there should be something that will print more than one page on one piece of paper.

Juli

Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:47 am
MES-Addict

I can print up to 16 pages on 1 paper but these are flashcards, bingo... not the one page we produce through the mes worksheet generator. Can you?

Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:02 pm
MES-Addict

I open an entire FunFonix book and then click on the printer icon on the top. My printer box opens and then I click on the settings button (R). I have a Japanese computer so I don't know the names in English. Then on the in settings I click on paper. In the paper section there is a layout section. There are choices such as "fit to page" "smaller/bigger" and one is "more than one on a page." It then shows two pages on one A4 page.

I hope that helps. It is all in the printer paper settings not on the MES sight.

Juli

Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:16 pm
MES-Addict

I can do this when there are several pages to print -as the entire phonix book you've mentioned. If I produce a paper game though, or a spaghetti worksheet there is only one page to print. What I'm asking is: can you print two or four paper games on 1 page since the generator produces only 1 page?

Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:50 pm
Site Admin

can you print two or four paper games on 1 page since the generator produces only 1 page?

No, you can't, as far as I know.

The way I have the worksheets set up, they center themsleves on the page no matter what size you choose. So, even if you reduce the size via the zoom feature, the worksheet will still print in the center of the page.

You may have an option in your printer settings to print two pages on one page, but I couldn't find anything like that in my printer settings.

Sorry I don't have better news for you.

Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:43 pm
Profile WWW
MES-Addict

Okay, now you've given me a challenge. I need to figure this out! What type of printer do you have?

Juli

Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:50 am
MES-Addict

HP COLOR Laser Jet CP3505. I believe that Mark has already seen to it though. But thanks for the try, Juli.

Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:14 pm
MES-Addict

Here's a link to the printer manual. It looks like you can do it if you print two different documents.

I misunderstood the first time. You're right, it doesn't look like there is a way to do it if you want to print the same page several times on one A4 page. I would print several pages and use them later. I guess I always print more than one page at the same time...one for in class and one for homework.

http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/doc ... 909731.pdf

Good Luck,
Juli

Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]