MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
bingo cards for bigger groups 
MES-Zealot!

Post bingo cards for bigger groups
I love bingo, its a simple game that all grades can play, but I have a few big classes and would like to play bingo with them.

Mark, these tools for educators are awesome, but I have a request, would it be possible to make bingo cards for bigger groups?
esp to be able to specify the number of bingo cards to print etc
or even to have an option for 10 cards, 16 cards, 20 cards, 30 cards etc??

As for me, 16 cards just isn't enough for most of my classes (I know I can give 1 card to 2 kids but I would rather they all have a chance to do it)

That would be great,

Thanks Mark

Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:59 pm
Site Admin

Kiwione - Sorry, iwas trying to come up with a way to do this for you, but it creates a few problems for me.

One is the bingo card maker is already really script-heavy and takes a lot of CPU to build 16 cards at once.

One option is to have just one page of cards (4 or2) and then add a randomizer that creates new boards each time you refresh the browser. However, that means that everyone will have to refresh - refresh -refresh - refresh each time they make cards (assume most people are making more than 2 to 4 cards).

Randomizing the current build would probably cause the site to crash.

Anyway I just wanted to say that I'm going to keep think about it, but for now, if you just go back to the input screen and shuffle some of the vocabulary around, you'll get 16 new cards when you hit 'make it' again.

That might even be faster than the "refresh - refresh -refresh - refresh" method.

Sorry, I don't have better news.

Sun May 03, 2009 4:55 pm
Profile WWW
MES-Zealot!

yes, if its a real problem, its OK. I might try your idea, it sounds like it might work for me

Thanks again (hope you had a great GW)

Thu May 07, 2009 2:04 pm
MES-Addict

You can also play with flashcards and make kids chose some of them (9 for example). Then they order them as they want.
This way, you have very few chances to get the same bingo cards, and it's really easy to adapt to bigger groups.

Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:06 am
MES-Zealot!

the trouble is I have some big classes and I don't really want to make 20 copies of 9 flashcards if I can help it

Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:36 pm
MES-Addict

You can make them chose by 2 from one set (one takes 4 and the other 4 others) for example. An the flashcards could be use for other games.

Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]